Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nostalgia on Academic Writing class ^__^





Nostalgia  on my beloved Academic Writing Class 
English Department_SWCU ^__^




My Reflective Learning Writing

 Candradewi Wahyu Anggraeni is an awesome name given by my parent. I am English Department’ student and I have enrolled four classes writing such as ;Writing 1, Writing 2, Expository & Argumentative Writing, and Academic Writing. Actually, I have learned writing since I was in Elementary School. In elementary school, I only focused on writing in Bahasa Indonesia. Besides, in Junior and Senior High School, I started to focus on writing in English. Although my English was not quite good at that time, I still kept on writing. Sometimes, I consulted my writing with my English teacher when I was in Senior High School. Moreover, I like the way my English teacher gave feedback on my writing in order to improve the quality of my writing.
Furthermore, my attitude toward writing is described in this quotation “If I fall asleep with a pen in my hand, don't remove it - I might be writing in my dreams” by Terri Guillemets. Implicitly, the quotation shows that I like writing, because through writing I can share what I am feeling without say something orally. Moreover, I can share what I am thinking to the others. For instance, turning to my personal experience, since 1 year ago I made a blog, and by blogging; I can write what I am thinking and feeling, so that I can share to the others. In my blog, I usually write about special events in my life, write poems, and short story. I enjoy write in my blog. Indeed, it can be said writing is my hobby.
I will illustrate my reflection on writing in the form a combination of words and pictures. I draw an illustration of my Academic writing course, at the beginning when I enrolled the class, and after I enrolled the class. Besides, I illustrate it like as a flower tree growth. The illustration is:
FIRST PICTURE                                                   SECOND PICTURE                                                 
        

Picture’ information :
BEGGINING
AFTER
# Soil = Academic Writing course
# Flower tree = myself
#Pitcher (water in pitcher) = my ideas
# Soil = Academic Writing course
# Flower tree = myself
#Pitcher (water in pitcher) = my ideas
#Flower = my writings ( my writing’s product)
#Sun = my Academic Writing ‘ lecturer

Illustrative explanation:
My illustrative reflection above is my views toward Academic Writing course. I illustrate it, such as the flower tree growth; need a process to produce many beautiful flowers. On my illustrations, I draw a soil, flower tree, flowers, pitcher, sun, and water. There are figurative meanings on those symbols. On the first picture – beginning part, I only draw a soil, tree, and pitcher. A soil represents my Academic Writing Course; a flower tree represents me when I enrolled the Academic Writing class at the first time. Then, a pitcher (water in a pitcher) symbolizes my ideas to write papers in Academic Writing course. Yet, the pitcher is still on the ground, it reflects that I still want to find my brilliant ideas that would be pouring in my writing. Indeed, in the first illustration, I want to show is that at the beginning of my Academic writing class, I still don’t have enough background knowledge how to write a good Academic writing.
Furthermore, in the second illustration-after part, I draw a flower tree which shows its beautiful growth, while the sun shines brightly on the flower tree and the water’ pitcher watering on it, so that the flower tree will flourish and produce many awesome flowers. This illustration reflects an important process is that after I enrolled and enjoy the Academic Writing class, I feel the development on myself toward writing, especially in mastering the Academic Writing materials. Moreover, the sun represents my lecturer when she gives feedback on my writing and gives explanation on the Academic Writing materials, so that I can improve my writing. My Academic Writing’ lecturer shines brightly on me with her advices, feedback, and teaching. I am also watered by my ideas, so that I can produce many gorgeous flowers (my writings) such as;  9 reflective journals, individual assignments, group assignments, first draft, final draft, and portfolio. All in all, in my point of view; Writing is like a flower tree which needs the sun, water, fertile soil, to grow and produce beautiful flowers (a good writing) that are useful for others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment