Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Awesome Micro Teaching ^_^

My friends and I (I'm in the center) ..hehehe


Yeaaahhhh, this picture taken on November 26 2011 in Salatiga_Lab. It was my  3rd mini lesson in my micro teaching class.  Micro Teaching is one of the subject in my English Department_Satya Wacana Christian University ;that help the students to be a good English teacher. Moreover, it's once of requirement subjects that should be taken before Teaching Practicum. Besides,  I got many lesson in this class, such as how to make Lesson Plan , manage the classroom, made re-usable AVA (Audio Visual Aids) for teaching

Teaching, Teaching,and Teaching 

“Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers, and teachers.” This awesome quotation by Richard Bach inspired me on   my view point toward the term of “teaching”.
            My first impression toward the word “teaching” was the process of explaining material to the students.  I did the first teaching when I took TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language) class in the fourth semester.  There was TEFL’ final project that required the students to work in group and made lesson plan and applied the lesson plan in group teaching. At that time, I thought teaching was not difficult because my group and I only made the simple lesson plan and applied it in the classroom.  Besides, the students were my college friends who acted as Junior High school students, and some of them noise in the class, so that my group (as the teachers) should advise them.
Furthermore, my second impression about teaching was the process of delivering material, managing the classroom, and advises the students. I got this impression when I had awesome chance to teach English private course for Elementary school students. I realized that teaching the “real students” was difficult. Instead of delivering the material, I had to manage the classroom, advises the student, and be patient in facing trouble maker students.
Moreover, my third impression toward teaching was the process of delivering material, making the lesson plan, manage the classroom, having time management, creating interesting activities, and making re-usable AVA. Those marvelous teaching impression that I have got in my beloved Micro Teaching class taught me a lot what actually the application of the word ‘teaching’. I got many lesson in my micro teaching class, such as; I had to be confident in teaching, be more creative in making re-usable AVA, how I made well-planned lesson, how to assess or gave comments to other friends’ teaching. All in all, the important thing in teaching is I have to teach with my peaceful heart which means that I have to deliver the material well, give inspiration for my students, and always make interesting activities.  In short, I love teaching and I want to be a super grade A+ English teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment