Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

"nine eleven" : my perception


My Perceptions of 9/11
            “Shock, Angry, and Unbelievable” were my impressions when I heard the breaking news on the one of stations TV about 9/11 attack in WTC (World Trade Center).  The shocking moment was when the news stated the doer of that coverage used a word “Jihad” in Islamic religion as his reason doing the attack. In my viewpoint, his act was not included to “Jihad”, but it was an evil and criminal. Moreover, he didn’t understand what actually the application of the word ‘Jihad’ was. He only saw it from his bad point of views.  As I know as a Moslem, the word “Jihad” means simply a holy war of the struggle against or resistance to something for the sake of a goal, or spiritual fight against the evil in yourself. For instance, we can apply “Jihad” when there are some people who oppose religion’ teaching. However, we also do “Jihad” in ourselves, when we have bad habits and we should fight against our bad habits.

            After the 9/11 coverage, some Americans fear of Moslem and think that all Moslems were so dangerous. I knew such an issue by watching the news about 9/11 which was reported about America’s reactions on 9/11.  They thought that Islamic religion taught about radicalism, therefore, it was big wrong for the statement.  In my opinion, all religions teach people to behave nicely and love peace, including Islam. However, there were some people who act fanatic badly and love war, and they said that their acts were based on the religion rule. How come, they think like that way? I don’t know exactly why the doer of 9/11 did it. He couldn’t tolerate others. He did it without using his right thinking. Why did he like war and killed people?  All in all, the 9/11’ coverage reminds me to appreciate others’ differences, tolerate the others, and not to use Religion’ teaching to do the coverage. In short, I really love harmony in diversity.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment