Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lesson Plan Writing Class _ 1st Grade of Primary School Teaching English to Young Learners


Hi English teacher all over the world , I provide a lesson plan that I made with my university's friends when I took Teaching English to Young Learner class. Hopefully this lesson plan help you to teach young learners , Happy Teaching 




Lesson Plan
Writing Class _ 1st Grade of Primary School
Teaching English to Young Learners

Lesson Plan _Writing Class
School                         : Happy Primary School  ( Bilingual Primary School)
Subject                         : English_Writing Class
Level                           :  1st Grade of Primary School
Topic                           : Family members
Focus                           : Writing Vocabulary of  Family member
Skill                             :  Listening , Writing
Time Allocation          : 1x 35 minutes
Teacher                        : Ms.Diyah, Ms.Irma, Ms.Dewi, Ms.Rani, Ms.Candra
I.                   LEARNING  OBJECTIVE
By the end of the class, students will be able to:
1.      LISTENING
1.1. Understand the family members
2.   WRITING
2.1.Understand  the members in the family
II.                LEARNING INDICATORS
1.1.1.      Students will be able to mention the family members  with 90 % accuracy
2.1.1        Student will be able to write the family members with 80 % accuracy

III.             TEACHING  MATERIALS
1.      Puppets
2.      A3 drawing book
3.      Mix-Match Board
4.      Video of Finger Family Song


IV.              TEACHING  PROCEDURES
NO
TEACHER
STUDENTS
ATTACHMENT
TIME

Pre teaching


1
Greet the students and  check attendance
Greet the teachers
-
2
2
Show video  “finger family”  about family
Watch the video
1
1
3
Ask the students about their families

Respond the teacher
-
2

Whilst teaching


4
Activity 1:
Present Family Puppet Show
Listen  to the story
2
5’
5
Activity 2 :
Ask the student to come forward and trace the line on the paper board ( A3 drawing book)
Come forward  and trace the line
3
5’
6
Activity 3 :
Ask the student to mix and match the family members
Come forward and mix-match the family member
4
5’
7
Activity 4 :
Explain  how to introduce their family member through writing
Listen to the explanation
5
5’
8
Ask the student to introduce their family member through writing
Write their family members’ name

4’

Post teaching


9
Asked the students to read aloud their stories
Read aloud their stories

5’
10
Review today’s lesson
Listen to their teachers

1’
11
Greet the students
Greet the teachers

-

TOTAL

35’



ATTACHMENT  1
A video of “Finger Family”
Length = 1:03 minutes
Instruction:
Now we will watch the video about finger family, are you ready to watch the video?











ATTACHMENT 2
Family Puppet Show
It is a beautiful house. Do you know who live there? Do you want to know who live there? Let’s get closer to the house. Knock the door three times. (knock-knock-knock!). Then let’s ask together: “Hallo…anybody here?”
Father:
Hai, I’m Father. Do you know how to write father? Follow Me!
(Puppet father on the left hand, write use the right hand on the whiteboard)
F-A-T-H-E-R, FATHER.
Repeat after me, Father! (Father)
Mother:
Hai, I’m Mother. Do you know how to write mother? Follow Me!
(Puppet mother on the left hand, write use the right hand on the whiteboard)
M-O-T-H-E-R. MOTHER.
Repeat after me, mother! (mother)
Sister:
Hai, I’m Sister. Do you know how to write Sister? Follow Me!
(Puppet Sister on the left hand, write use the right hand on the whiteboard)
S-I-S-T-E-R, SISTER
Repeat after me, Sister! (Sister)

Brother:
Hai, I’m Brother. Do you know how to write Brother? Follow Me!
(Puppet Brother on the left hand, write use the right hand on the whiteboard)
B-R-O-T-H-E-R. BROTHER.
Repeat after me, Brother! (Brother)
(Then, continue using the same pattern to teach “grandpa” and “grandma”)



ATTACHMENT  3
“Trace the Line”
       
Instruction:
 Okay students, please come forward and trace the line of the word “father” , “mother” , “brother”, “sister”, “grandmother” , “grandfather”  , each picture is for two students. Are you ready? 
(p.s.= after each student  trace the line of their part , the teacher reinforce their knowledge about the picture : “ What does father mean, etc. ?”)












ATTACHMENT 4
“Mix and Match” Game
Instruction:
Okay class, now we will do MIX MATCH game, you have to match the family member picture with the words, if you want to try and come forward, you will get price, are you ready?
                   

In this game you have to connect the dots and write the word.  Let’s do the game !




ATTACHMENT 5
“How to introduce the family members through writing”
Instructions: Okay, now we will learn how to introduce the name of our family members through writing.
You can use this format:
Hello , my  name is …………
My  father  is…………………
My mother is ………………..
My brother is……………….. / my brothers are………….
My sister is………………….../ my sisters are……………
My grandfather is……………
My grandmother is……………
For example :
Hello, my name is Angela
My father is John
My mother is Angela.
My brother is Jojo.
My sister is Zaskia.
My grandfather is  Broto
My grandmother is Menik.


No comments:

Post a Comment