Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Establish an English Course : Easy or Difficult?

What do you think guys when you hear the words " English Course"?
Of course it's a place to learn English, isn't it? or Do you think that English Course is a business place? Do you think that establish an English Course is easy or difficult?

There's no right or wrong answer for those questions. It depends on the viewpoints of each person. In my sight , English course is  a place where I can apply the theories of my education field. My education field is in English Language Teaching, so English Course or Teaching English is really fit to my passion. Talking about "passion" is really interesting because it links between my brain and my heart. Yapzz, My passion is in teaching. I love teaching. Teaching is my soul. cieeeeeeeeee :p 

my students in CEC , I love them so much !

my students in CEC , I love them so much !

students in CEC "Let's learn English"


Okay, I would like to share my experience in establishing my own English course. My English  Course's name is CEC (Candra English Course) with the tagline "Let's Learn English". CEC is established on March 30th 2013, so it's still fresh and new ~(^_^)~ . It's located in Jl.Soka 5 No.104 Brambang-Karangawen (a.k.a. in my house), heheh. Furthermore, it's so obvious that I wanna introduce to my students that English is fun, so that they would be able to deepen their English skill well. 
The class is more focus on “fun learning activity” , it means that the students feels fun and enjoy in learning English. Therefore, they will love English.Personally, many  preparations are needed in starting to have my own English course. The preparations are the human resources, the facilities, the financial and budget, and the marketing-promotion. Let's check each point that should be prepared :

1. The human resources
In this case, the human resources are the teachers itself.This human resources also contributes in the success of English Course.Since CEC is still a fresh and new English course ,so it still accomodates 1 classroom.Besides, There's only 1 teacher in CEC. The teacher has a great method/approach in teaching English , so  I can guarantee that the students will be enjoy in the class. 

2. The facilities 
The facilities also support the teaching-learning activity.For instance, the facilities in CEC are :
a. whiteboard,board-markers,eraser 
b. tables (10) 
c. chairs (16)
d. English books (6) 
e. dictionaries (7) 
f. fan (1) 
g.laptop (1) 
h. speaker (1 unit) 
i. classroom ( 4 x 4 m)



3. The financial
 In opening a new course, it is needed to think about  a budget to support the financial of the course. The budget is related to the income and expenditure of the course. Luckily, I didn't spent my money in budgeting the preparation for the course, because I got "sponsor'' from my beloved Mom , hehhehe. My Mom help me a lot in providing a whiteboard, tables, and chairs.

4.The marketing and promotion
Marketing and promotion are very important in this field , because  the course will be a well-known English course if the owner/ English course team has a great marketing and promotion of the course. Maarketing and Promotion can be done by  distributing the brochures of the course , introducing the course by mouth-to-mouth , students' testimonial, and ads. 

Yapzz,those are the general overview of some aspects that should be prepared in opening the English Course. In my humble opinion , it's easy to establish the English course  if we intend to open it , and we also have an obvious aim of the course. Once more , we also need great efforts for it. I remember a proverb " If there's a will , there's a way" . It means that if we have efforts to do something, there will be a result of it. I am also grateful because I can apply the theories that I've learned in my college, especially in English Language Teaching Management's class. In that class, I got knowledge about how to establish an English Course. Thanks ELTM' clas :*.  Moreover ,this is my new experience in opening an English Course -Candra English Course-Therefore, if you wanna establish yours , just do it. Good Luck. Hopefully, this posting help you if you wanna have your English Course/ another course. 

5 comments:

  1. Wawww!! It is a brave step, Mbak!! Hope it will be success soon!

    It is so fresh with fresh-graduated teacher whose face is so fresh too..hehehehe..

    The best for you, Mbak!! Fighting!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aamiinn , thanks a million dek #kiss #hug #kissagain , heehe

      so it's all about "FRESH" thing , xuixxixixixix

      The best for you too dek Meykke chayankkk :* ! Fighting ! :D

      Delete
  2. If some one wants expert view on the topic
    of blogging and site-building afterward i propose him/her to pay a visit this weblog, Keep
    up the nice job.

    Feel free to surf to my web page: safe diets

    ReplyDelete
  3. This course is new and looking easy to learn. Teachers are also looking very qualified and well-experienced.

    ReplyDelete